"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Putting things in Perspective

It's interesting how God will put things into it's proper perspective every time. Today, my heart was heavy. Not because of something that happened with the kiddos, but something that was going on with my own health. Nothing major....nothing worth even mentioning really, now that I think about it. But, anyway, I was kind of down in the dumps when I woke up this morning, feeling a little out of sorts, so to speak. Then, I started thinking about different things and God showed me that I had too much to be grateful for. One being my husband of 9 years! He's amazing. "I love you babe!"  Well back to my point, while I was thinking about all of my many blessings and how some things are so small on a grand scale, I see a message in my email from a "friend". Although I won't share her message regarding something she recently faced, I'll share part of my response.

My response:
I'm sorry you two had to deal with all of that in one weekend. People can be so incredibly rude and cruel. They may have never seen anyone with a limb difference or any difference for that matter. But, ignorance does not excuse rude behavior. I pray that it gets easier for you to handle times like this. I pray that somehow this situation brings you and your beautifully made child even closer to one another than ever before and that you find comfort and support in knowing that you are not alone in this journey. Continue being a loving and protecting parent. You are exactly who that beautiful child needs.
Wishing you Strength in this journey!

Simple response, nothing so thought provoking, but yet it may help. My point again is that it's so interesting how God puts things into perspective for me. Everyone faces afflictions, both light and heavy! I'm sooooooo incredibly NOT perfect, and at times an emotional mess (at best). But, God will pick me up out of my funk, and use me encourage and pray for someone else. Thank you Lord for those times.....the ups and the downs, because both my ups and downs can still be used by you! There's a bigger picture and greater purpose for it all.

No comments: