"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Friday, February 17, 2012

Ok so……my little guy and little lady are keeping me busy. I’m not complaining at all, I’m just saying. J  I am now re-reading a book titled “Having a Mary Heart, in a Martha World, finding intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life”.  The title says it all. Maybe the title should be………… “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, finding intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life………WITH TWINS. It’s hard for me to find time to Blog now……..with work, home, and church…….there really isn’t much time for anything else. So…please forgive the scarcity of my blog post.
My kiddos are enrolled in extracurricular activities as usual. Princess…..dance, Prince…….basketball. At basketball this session, my little buddy was self-conscious about his hand. I noticed he was hiding it and then my hubby told me that while practicing, our little guy whispered to him that he didn’t want to take his turn dribbling the ball across the court because he wouldn’t be able to dribble the ball with his left hand when it was time to switch hands. He asked his daddy to please tell the coach for him. (I’m getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it) Dad told him it’s ok and that he could just dribble down with his right hand, and dribble back up with his right hand……….and so he did……….he dribbled the ball so well that the dads, the coach and the other kids clapped and cheered for him. This was good……..but the way he felt before actually doing that……probably didn’t feel so good.  It breaks my heart into a million pieces every time.  I know that he notices the looks from other kids………he even gets the questions more and more now……..this is hard for me as his mom. I can’t imagine how hard it is for him.
Oh, I can’t forget to tell you guys about this one……….one little guy asked my buddy about his hand and he says, “I was born this way. God made me this way.”  I guess the kid may have asked again………because my baby turned to his dad and said………”he doesn’t understand”. J  Now, you have to know that this is significant because, I’ve taught him and his sister, that people asks questions simply because they don’t understand, so it’s up to us, who do understand- to explain it to them.
My prayer is: “Lord, in the busyness of life, help me to find intimacy with YOU, so I’ll know how to handle these situations and teach my babies, (YOUR BABIES) to do the same. Help me to understand, so I can teach them and others to understand.”

No comments: