"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Friday, August 20, 2010

It's small, get over it, you want to play or what?

This morning my husband told me about his visit (with the twins) to McDonald's after school yesterday. A little girl and her sister couldn't seem to get over Mason's hand while playing in the play area of McDonald's. She kept touching, tugging and asking him questions. Our little guy tried to give the simple answers that we've taught him like...."it's special" or "It's just small, but it's OK". Mason didn't seem to mind at first, then after a while, he seemed to be a little agitated as if to say It's small, get over it, you want to play or what? His dad, being the protector that he is.....finally decided to intervene. He called Mason and the little girl (and her sister) so that Mason (not daddy) could explain. he politely asked his baby boy to tell his new friend about his hand. Mason's answer was "I have one big hand and one small hand. see?" In his mind....that should be enough. (in my mind too) That wasn't enough for this innocent little girl. So dad chimed in and gently said, "he was born that way, nothing hurts and nothing is wrong, see he can still run and jump and play". The older of the two sisters said, "he told us he fell down the stairs". Now, It is highly possible that little Mason did in fact say this after his first responses weren't good enough in the play area. LOL! The smaller of the two sisters said, "my hand was that way when I was little like him." Dad's response....."Really?"  doubt it....but I think it's cute that she wanted to find a way to relate and be like Mason, even if what she said was totally untrue. He's a trend setter..... LOL!

No comments: