"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Since none of us have all the answers, we should deliberately avoid offense……..
I’ve come to the conclusion that sometimes people just don’t know the “right” thing to say…..and YES this includes me! It doesn’t matter who your parents are, whether you’re in Corporate America, a home-maker, running the family business or all of the above. It doesn’t matter if you were born and raised in the church or never stepped foot in a church. It doesn’t matter how much education a person has, or lack of, for that matter, people just don’t have all the answers, and it comes across in our conversation (at one point or another). No matter how sincere or heartfelt it may be, it happens. That’s when I think, we should say nothing. When you don’t know what to say……say nothing! The problem is…..people think they know, so they speak. We all have opinions…..so we speak. Ugh!!! No matter how educated you try to make it sound, some things are just incorrect, just wrong!
“Politically Correct”- (I found this definition and out of all the definitions I’ve read, I like this one the most)…..{adjective} deliberately avoiding offense: relating to or supporting the use of language or conduct that deliberately avoids giving offense. That’s a simple definition and straight to the point. Maybe it’s me….maybe I’m just on the offense right now. Yep there is no maybe about it, I know I am! And this feeling sucks! (Pardon my expression) I know it’s not right…..but, its how I’m feeling at the moment. I’m entitled. Dad…..entitled…..Madison, entitled…….Little Mason most definitely ENTITLED! God understands. Ooh wee thank you Lord for understanding, because being offended is not one of those “warm and fuzzy” feelings that makes you want to smile and keep going.
But……that’s exactly what I’m doing……… after venting through this post of course! Smiling and moving forward. I don’t have a choice….. because what do you do when someone unknowingly says something politically incorrect or offensive? Do you call attention to it? Do you “correct” them? I don’t know what to do or say right now……..so that’s when I keep my mouth closed about the “specifics” of the situation, except in prayer…………..HIS Grace is sufficient! (It has to be)

No comments: