"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On my last entry I mentioned how God’s Grace is sufficient. (Referring to the Scripture 2 Corinthians 12:9)
Where you are lacking in one area……God will give you more than enough in other areas! That’s proof that His Grace is sufficient!
My mom called me Friday morning and we chatted a bit. She has the privilege of working with individuals who have mental and physical challenges.  I say privilege because I think she gets to see God’s Grace daily.  My mom called me to simply say……. “Where we are lacking in one area, God will give us more than enough in other areas.” I totally agree with this statement and it got me to thinking.
When you consider it……I mean really think about it, it’s true.  Have you ever noticed that people who we think of as having a disability or special needs - have the biggest, purest, most loving hearts? Sometimes, their kindness and humility just overflows without them ever saying a word.
My son made the statement the other day, “Mommy…….I’m not very good at that.” He said it in a sweet and humble three year old voice. Of course, that melted my heart. (My M&M twins melt my heart on a regular basis). He was talking about drinking out of his cup.  This little guy enjoys to the fullest, whatever he is eating or drinking, so it usually drips, spills or splashes. I told him that it’s ok to not be very good at that and I told him all the things he is very good at.
Mason’s statement is a minor example that I’m using to make a major point……. We all have something that we’re lacking or that we’re “not very good at”.
Where we are lacking in one area, God will give us more than enough in other areas.
The more I think about it, the more I realize that sometimes our -“not very good at that(s)” – may not be visible, but we ALL have them, every last one of us…….and as always, God’s Grace is sufficient.

No comments: