"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Sunday, January 16, 2011

I just finished reading about a new mom who’s child was born with a limb difference. After scrolling through some of the pictures I began to tear up. This mom had no idea that she would give birth to a beautiful baby, who would be missing any limbs or fingers & toes.  In our finite minds, they’re missing something….but, actually they’re born with out it............. and God allowed it ........so they’re not “missing” anything at all. But I digress………Just like every parent, we all dream of the day our children are born and we're able to count all ten fingers and toes. I don’t know the devastation she must have felt, (the not having any forewarning part).  I found out about my little buddy’s hand during my pregnancy so although it was...... is..... and probably always will be EXTREMELY tough, I had time to prepare myself (as much as humanly possible) for the big day…..the day I met him. Anyway, my eyes filled with tears as I scrolled through pictures of this wonderful new mommy and her beautiful baby, simply because I know the hurt, the fear, the questions. I know the stares that they’ll receive and the misunderstandings. I know it all, I know it all too well……

No comments: