"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Monday, January 17, 2011

Much needed rest............I'm trying to figure out, how on earth I
will get some much needed rest. There will always be noses to clean,
bath time, play time, snack time, dinner time, story time, bedtime
(which bedtime can be a struggle at times) and nap time.....what's that?
Those naps seem to be getting shorter and shorter these days. Although I
must admit, the sleepy time lullaby cd still does the trick!  But mommy
needs some rest. I hope I don't sound too incredibly selfish, because
God knows I adore my babies and every moment with them is a
blessing.........BUT, my attention span to "watch this mommy" has been
shorter, my time to play is limited and my patience has been close to
obsolete. There are days when I'm wondering how mommy's with multiples
can hold on to their sanity. At the height of my frustration, stiff
neck, and tired body........I think I've found the answer.........yep,
prayer is number 1.....but a close 2nd is MUCH NEEDED REST. The question
is....when and how do I get it. My M&M's have soooooo much energy! There
are some days where I'm telling them to wait until I finish something
before mommy can "watch this" or I'm hurrying them along because I have
to get to the next task that's on my list of things to do. Some days are
just tough. When I'm rested though, I handle everything better and I
don't lose sight of what's important.................laundry, dishes,
and all that will be there, but honestly, will bath time, play time and
story time come to an end before I'm ready for it to. They're growing
up sooooooo fast. I'll blink and wish I could still be the one reading
them stories instead of them reading to themselves. Ok, I know I'm
rambling......but once I get some rest, maybe the next post will make a
little more sense. LOL!  The moral of the story is.....if you're a
mommy......or a daddy, get some rest so you don't lose it like me! :>)

No comments: