"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Monday, February 28, 2011

Remorseful Repentance


Recently the M&M’s both had a rough day at school and were sent home with behavior reports. So I talked to them all the way home about their behavior and how important it was to be good at school.  My buddy didn’t seem to have the least bit of remorse, as a matter of fact, I think I was getting on his nerves - he kept rolling his eyes. However, My Moo was just the opposite…… she was crying and apologizing before we got in the car good to leave the preschool. Once we arrived home, I sat them down to have a little chat. I just wanted to get the details of what happened throughout their day. (If you’ve ever listened to three year olds explain things, it can be as entertaining and confusing as one of your all time favorite movies.)  It’s like pulling teeth to get my little boy to talk when he thinks he’s in trouble. But his little sister is a blabber mouth no matter what. So she tells it all…..her information and his. Well, to make a long story short, I FINALLY got them BOTH to tell me about their day and from what I could make out, there was no reasonable explanation for the crazy day. One thing I did find highly amusing is ……after the chat, I told them they could go play. Buddy went straight to the toy box and instead of going to play like any other 3 year old would; Little Miss Remorseful went into her room, got her pink Bible from the shelf, walked back into the living room, sat on the couch and opened it up as if she was reading.  She was very serious and quiet. I think she was asking for forgiveness.  Remorseful Repentance! Too cute!

No comments: