"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Saturday, March 5, 2011

I can’t because my hand is small.


Today as the little ones played and hurried about the house, they headed towards their play area in the basement. I noticed him going full steam ahead so I quickly told him….. “Buddy, hold on to the rail going downstairs”……………………….. His response was……. “I can’t because my hand is small!” ………. Then I said “Hold the wall with your other hand. “………. “Ok, mommy”.   Now that was the extent of this conversation, but I thought it was worth noting, because it just goes to show how quickly we take things for granted……AND, why is our railing on the left side going down the stairs. EVERYONE in my house is either Right handed or forced to be Right handed. Well, I guess the rail is on the right side when coming up the stairs so I don’t have a legitimate gripe.  I did notice that there were no qualms about it when my little boy said….. “I can’t because my hand is small”.  He was not sad when he said it……He wasn’t angry……he just stated it…..like it was fact…..and it’s no big deal.  Like…..this is why I’m doing it this way and there was nothing extra.  Nothing to read into, nothing to be upset about.  I love it.  He’s my inspiration.

No comments: