"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Sunday, September 26, 2010

"It's Special"

Ok, so we had another “It’s Special” moment. This was the cutest thing ever. Mason, Madison, Hubby and I were at our little cousin’s birthday party. There were a few 3 year olds and a couple of 4 year olds there along with the 2 year old birthday boy. One of the three year olds was a little boy “KB” that Lil Mason had never met before. I watched the kids run around and play with different toys and make up different games. (Oh what I’d give to have the imagination of a child again.) Well, as they were playing, as always I’m concerned about how Mason’s limb difference will be received by a kid he’s never met. So, I’m waiting, waiting, waiting…..and an hour or so went by and nothing……no one said anything. Now, mind you….sometimes his cousins and friends who already know him and see him on a regular basis, might out of the blue inquire about his hand, just to get the same answer they always get. No big deal, because they quickly get over it. They just ask because they can’t remember the reason for it. But, as I waited, I’m thinking maybe “KB” wont’ ask, because so far, he hasn’t noticed anything. Then, while I’m in the kitchen and the kids are all in the living room (daddy is sitting on the couch in the living room), I hear, very clearly, and a matter-of -factly, “It’s special.”  Mason said it so clearly and without reservation. Then he says it again, with so much confidence and courage.  I then, I hear “KB” say….. ”his fingers are special.” And he said it like it was a good thing that his fingers are special. I melted! It almost brought me to tears. That 10-15 second conversation, turned into further discussion about Thomas train and playing with the train tracks and that was that. Children are so unconditional at that age. If only adults could be that way…..somewhere along the line we change. That moment….those few seconds were amazing to me.  That time, that age…......now “It’s Special!”

No comments: