"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Monday, October 11, 2010

Ok, I got a chance to get a little “me” time on Friday……and as guilty as I feel each time, right before I take it……it felt great.  Hee Hee!
Early Friday morning on the way in to work, I heard Israel Houghton being interviewed on one of my favorite radio stations, JOYFM.  I heard them mention he would be here at a local church and it was free to attend. First of all, how could I pass up being at a live worship concert with Israel Houghton leading the worship, and Second of all…….Free???!!! What you talking bout Willis???!!! Nothing seems to be free these days……but it was totally free, no offering, no collection, just free worship.
Ok, so I had to make sure hubby didn’t have plans and could get the twins from school for me, because I just had to be there. I had my speech ready to plead my case and everything, because I sort of had some me time earlier in the week. Go figure…..I didn’t even need the planned ahead rehearsed nineteen times plea, I mean speech. LOL!  His response was…..”have fun, you need a night out”. He’s so sweet; I love him more than Strawberry- Banana Fro Yo with Fresh bananas, pineapples & strawberry syrup on top! Now that’s love!
Anyway, the concert was great, the church that hosted the event was great, the atmosphere was great. Israel Houghton had his beautiful wife traveling with him, which you know I thought was great!  He shared a little about his life and he shared his gift of song and instrument with everyone. It was great….oh, I said that already.
A few hours of “me” time…sweet. This might sound bad, but if you have many titles and life/job descriptions like I do, you might just understand- I enjoy attending events alone from time to time, just me. I didn’t have to stop for potty breaks, except for my own. LOL! No one climbing up my leg or tapping my shoulder or “mommying” me or asking “but why?” at the moment.  I didn’t have to buy snacks or anything. (But of course leave it up to me, to find some way to spend money at a totally free concert! I bought a t-shirt and got two free cd’s. LOL! So worth it though!) 
To summarize, it was……..……Great!
So.....that earlier in the week time away I mentioned, I meant to write about that one previously, but since I’m already talking about one concert I’ll mention the other one also.  Two days prior to my night of worship with Israel Houghton, one of my girlfriends, who is so wonderful to me……invited me to the “How sweet the sound” choir competition. That was free too; someone gave her two free tickets! We had box club seats.  CeCe Winan, Donald Lawrence, Hezekiah Walker & Marvin Sapp were all there. They are all very talented individuals.  It was great!
Somewhere along the line of my life, I’ve learned to appreciate simple things, like a wonderful spouse, a great best friend, free worship concerts and Fro Yo (which I’m eating right at this very moment). I hope I always remember to appreciate the simple things and never ever take these great things for granted.

No comments: