"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Super Why!

"But Why?" I hear this question at least 20 times per day. It can be either very adorable or very annoying, depends on how I'm feeling and whether or not I'm stumped by the questions of my three year olds. I call Mason Super Why! You know....... the cartoon character on the PBS network. He's a little boy who has an alter-ego in which he turns into a super hero to find the answers to questions. It's very educational. Well, in Mason's case I guess mommy and daddy are supposed to have all the answers, because everything is...... "But Why?".  If you answer one question, it doesn't stop there, it almost Always leads to another "But Why?" And of course everything with my little ones has to be a (double) team effort. So if Mason is the cartoon character Super Why, then his sidekick Madison is definitely Princess Presto! She's the daintiest little girl I've ever seen and she loves princesses and reading books and anything relating to the two. I must say though they compliment each other very well, Mason seems to be picking up from his sister the love of reading books and sounding out letters and Madison seems to be learning from her brother to ask a thousand "But Why" questions!

No comments: