"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)


Wednesday, November 3, 2010


Madison wasn’t feeling well today. She was running a low grade fever and had a tummy ache.  I told her I would give her something to make her feel better and I would let her camp out in my bed and watch Nick Jr. I thought this would be right up her alley. What’s funny is……she looked up at me and with glossy eyes, she said…… “Mommy, I want you to pray for me.” Oh my goodness……my three year old little girl, wants me to pray for her. She didn’t want medicine or a cold drink or Nick Jr., or mommy’s bed. She wanted mommy's prayers………PRAYER!  Of course I stopped right there in the hallway, with tears in my eyes, I scooped her up in my arms, and began to pray over my baby girl. What an amazing moment! An hour or so after I prayed for my little one, I asked if she felt better. She told me yes, I asked, “well, who made you feel better?”  She proudly proclaimed……”Jesus.”  Awesome! “Yes HE did, baby…….Yes HE did!”
Just to give you a little further info about my little praying baby…….when she was an infant, she would sleep with her hands folded as if she was praying. I have several pictures of her sound asleep with her hands folded and up in the air. Hopefully, I can post one on the blog soon.
Another important fact is that little Miss Madison, loves her little pink Bible. Earlier this year, I bought myself a hot pink, pocket sized Bible. I bought it so I would be able to keep it in my purse and use it anytime I needed it.  Well, because it was pink, Miss Priss took a liking to it and started toting it everywhere she went, including school. On Fridays (show n tell) days, I ask the twins, what they want to take for show n tell. Madison’s answer is pretty much the same……… “My Bible”.  So now the hot pink, pocket sized Bible belongs to Madison and that’s just fine by me!

No comments: